Man drowns after boat flips during SC fishing trip | News
MCCONNELLS, SC (WBTV) – A man drowned during a fishing trip in York County after investigators say the boat he was in capsized.
It happened Saturday afternoon around 1:35 p.m. in a small two-acre community pond in McConnells near Highway 321 and Pathway Drive.
The York County dive team recovered the body of 37-year-old Raimon Gordon of Rock Hill, SC, a short time after the accident.
Another man, 35-year-old Wylie Coleman of Rock Hill, was also in the boat when it capsized. He was able to swim to shore.
Authorities say that it appears that Gordon could not swim; there were no life jackets onboard the boat.
Residents along the bank tried to help the man, but could not reach him in time.
Investigators say the water was between 12 and 15 feet deep and was around 64-degrees at the time of the accident.
The state Department of Natural Resources is handling the investigation.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate
Courtesy of: RE/MAX Executive - Fort Mill
Courtesy of: ReMax Executive - Fort Mill