Teenager slams into back of logging truck, dies | News
LANCASTER - Troopers with the South Carolina Highway Patrol say a teenager was killed early Monday morning after he crashed into the back of a logging truck.
The accident happened around 7:22 a.m. along Highway 200, approximately one mile east of the Chester County line.
Troopers say they don't have much information, but say a 2010 John Deere logging truck and 1999 Honda were both traveling northbound on Highway 200 when the crash happened.
The driver of the Honda crashed into the back of the logging truck, driven by 51-year-old Wayne Huffsteler of Hickory Grove, SC. Huffsteler was injured in the crash and had to be flown to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte.
The teenage driver was killed. His name has not been released yet. The South Carolina Highway Patrol is working to reconstruct the accident to learn new details.
A Lancaster County deputy coroner was injured at the scene of the accident while investigating the crash. WBTV has learned he was somehow hit on the head and had to be taken to Springs Memorial Hospital for treatment. He is expected to be okay.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate
Courtesy of: ReMax Executive - Fort Mill
Courtesy of: RE/MAX Executive - Fort Mill