Agencies from SC and NC team up for “Hands Across the Border” | Crime
YORK COUNTY, SC – On August 28, 2012 he York County Sheriff’s Office hosted the 2012 “Hands Across the Border” safety check point on Highway 321 at the South and North Carolina State line. The traffic enforcement even took place from 9:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
During the safety check point deputies and officers from both South Carolina and North Carolina checked approximately 300 vehicles, which include the following:
- 2 DUI charges
- 3 Drug charges
- 3 Driving Under Suspension charges
- 11 Citations
- 14 Warnings
South Carolina law enforcement agencies participating included the York County Sheriff’s Office, Rock Hill Police Department, Clover Police Department, York Police Department, Fort Mill Police Department, Tega Cay Police Department, Winthrop University Police Department, Union County Sheriff’s Office, the South Carolina State Transport Police and the South Carolina Highway Patrol. The participating South Carolina law enforcement agencies are part of the 16th Judicial Circuit Law Enforcement Network funded by grants from the Office of Highway Funding.
Participating agencies from North Carolina were the Gaston County Sheriff’s Office and the North Carolina Highway Patrol.
Top South Carolina Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Union Co School leaders using the law to get more money
- Sheriff: Elderly woman's body found inside home after fire
- Snake in power equipment causes outage to thousands in Union Co.
- Monroe one of Top 10 "No-Brainer locations for manufacturing in the South
- Woman attacked by pitbull, fends it off with a stick