Deputies: Parents high on Xanax passed out in car, infant in back seat | Crime
YORK, SC (WBTV)- Two people are facing charges after deputies say they were found in their car passed out with an infant in the back seat.
According to the York County Sheriff's Office, deputies found 27-year-old Dane Anthony Thune and 24-year-old Samantha Michelle Gay were found passed out in their car along the side of Highway 577 on Thursday.
Deputies say the driver's side door was found open and the couple's infant child was found in the back seat.
The couple had taken Xanax illegally, deputies believe.
Both are being held in the Moss Justice Detention Center on charges of Public Disorderly Conduct and Children/Legal Custodian, Unlawful Neglect Of Child/helpless Person.
Thune is also being held on outstanding warrants.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate
Courtesy of: RE/MAX Executive
Courtesy of: ReMax Executive - Fort Mill