Elementary art teacher charged with sex crimes against a child | Crime
CHESTER, SC (WBTV)- A Chester County Schools teacher was arrested and charged with sex crimes against a child on Thursday.
Richard Jayson Jones, 47, of Great Falls, is charged with criminal sexual conduct with a minor and committing or attempting a lewd act upon a child under 16, according to the Chester County Sheriff's Office.
Jones is an art teacher at Great Falls Elementary School, according to his Facebook page and the school's own website.
Investigators say the crimes did not occur on school property. The crimes were committed between July of 2007 and July of 2010.
Warrants released by the S.C. Law Enforcement Division describe the sex crimes committed by Jones in detail but WBTV is not reporting those details to protect the victim.
Jones was denied bond and is being held at the Chester County Detention Center.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top South Carolina Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Union Co School leaders using the law to get more money
- Sheriff: Elderly woman's body found inside home after fire
- Snake in power equipment causes outage to thousands in Union Co.
- Monroe one of Top 10 "No-Brainer locations for manufacturing in the South
- Woman attacked by pitbull, fends it off with a stick