Hells Angels members charged with drugs, prostitution in FBI raid | Crime
YORK, SC (WBTV)- Federal, state and local law enforcement officers raided almost two dozen homes in North and South Carolina Wednesday in search of several members and associates of the Rock Hell City Nomad Chapter of the Hells Angels after a two-year investigation into the motorcycle club's dealings.
Nineteen members and associates of the Hells Angels' biker gang were arrested in a sting on Thursday morning.
U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles and Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas of the Federal Bureau of Investigation stated they were arrested after the return of a 91 count indictment charging members and associates of the Rock Hell City Nomad Chapter of the Hells Angels with racketeering and racketeering conspiracy, narcotics violations, Hobbs Act robbery, money laundering, and firearm violations.
The arrest warrants were served along with the execution of 23 search warrants in North and South Carolina. During today's operation, law enforcement seized methamphatamine, cocaine, marijuana, pills and approximately 100 firearms, including two automatic machine guns.
"The significance of the extensive and long-term investigative efforts that resulted in the arrests today represent the FBI's continuing commitment to the dismantling of organized criminal organizations," Special Agent in Charge David Thomas stated.
"By working in a joint environment with federal, state and local counterparts, we send a clear message that such pervasive criminal activities will not be tolerated."
These arrests follow a two-year interagency investigation by the South Carolina Hells Angels Task Force (SCHATF).
- Daniel Eugene Bifield, a/k/a Diamond Dan (Leesville)
- Somying Anderson, a/k/a Ying (West Columbia)
- Bruce James Long, a/k/a Bruce-Bruce (West Columbia)
- James Frederick Keach, Jr., a/k/a Big Fred (Pelion)
- Lisa Ellen Bifield, a/k/a Lisa Ellen Meyers, Lisa Ellen Stockton (Leesville)
- Trent Allen Brown (West Columbia)
- Bruce Ranson Wilson, a/k/a Diesel (Swansea)
- Mark William Baker, a/k/a Lightning (Lancaster)
- David Channing Oiler, a/k/a Gravel Dave (Lancaster)
- Richard Thrower, a/k/a Little Mark, Rat (Lancaster)
- David Pryor, a/k/a Yard Owl (York)
- Frank Enriquez, Jr., a/k/a Big Frank (Rock Hill)
- Donald Boersma, a/k/a Brooklyn Donnie (Clover)
- Johanna Looper, a/k/a JoJo (York)
- Thomas McManus Plyler, a/k/a Uncle Tom (Rock Hill)
- Jamie Hobbs Long (Lancaster)
- Kerry Chitwood (Gastonia, North Carolina)
- Carlos Hernandez (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- Ronald Dean Byrum, Jr., a/k/a Big Ron (Gastonia, North Carolina)
Federal authorities would not release exact locations of all the raids.
WBTV has learned that investigators also raided several areas near Columbia, SC as well.
One of those raids happened in Gilbert on Summit Estates Ct.
Agents on the scene would not comment, but there was significant damage to a mobile home on the property. Neighbors in that area reported being awakened by a loud blast in the early morning.
According to the indictment, the Red Devils Motorcycle Club River City Chapter utilized a clubhouse at 5622 Highway 302 in West Columbia. Support clubs, according to prosecutors, are feeder clubs for the main Hells Angels chapters.
Assisting in the investigation and today's operation were the Federal Bureau of Investigation-Columbia and Charlotte Field Divisions, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Lexington County Sheriff's Department, Lexington Police Department, Rock Hill Police Department, York County Sheriff's Office, Lancaster County Sheriff's Office, State Law Enforcement Division, Gastonia, Police Department, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Gaston County Sheriff's Office and North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
"Today's arrests and seizures are an important step in our ongoing fight against criminal gangs operating in South Carolina," United States Attorney Bill Nettles commended the inter-agency cooperation.
"This investigation is also another example of what can be accomplished through a close partnership among local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies."
The case will be prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Jay N. Richardson.
Agents raided a residence located at 256 Spring Lake Road in York, reports WBTV's Trent Faris.
Agents also went to the Red Devils Motorcycle Club on Linda Drive in York County and the Southern Gentlemen club on Dallas-Spencer Mountain Road in Gaston County.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.