Woman charged after dog found chained, starving | Crime
ROCK HILL, SC (WBTV) - A Rock Hill woman was charged with animal cruelty on Wednesday after police say she left her dog to die.
Officers responded to the 400 block of S. Anderson Road on Wednesday in reference to a cruelty to animals call, according to the report from the Rock Hill Police Department.
York County Animal Control had already seized the dog, which was emaciated, according to the report.
The owner of the rental property told police that he found the dog chained in the backyard with no food or water for several days.
Based on the conditions, officers believe the dog would have died had it been left the much longer.
The previous tenant was charged with cruelty to animals.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate
Courtesy of: RE/MAX Executive - Fort Mill
Courtesy of: ReMax Executive - Fort Mill