Man shot in chest is airlifted to hospital | Crime
LANCASTER - A man who was shot in the chest late Tuesday afternoon was airlifted to a Charlotte hospital, Lancaster police say.
At 6:16pm, officers were dispatched to multiple reports of shots fired in the area of 300 block of Willow Oak Circle, Lancaster Police said in a press release.
Upon arrival, an officer located a 37 year old man in woods in the 300 block of Willow Oak Circle, police said.
The victim, who was conscious and alert, had been shot once in the upper right side of his chest, police said.
The victim was treated on scene by Lancaster County EMS and then transported to a nearby landing zone where he was flown to Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, according to police.
Witnesses advised that the suspect may have driven away in a dark colored passenger car (possibly a Camry), police said.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate