Dog owner shot while saving dog from thief, police say | Crime
LANCASTER - A Lancaster man is recovering after police say he was shot, while someone attempted to steal his dog.
According to the Lancaster Police Department, officers were called to a home on the 200 block of Thomas Lane on Thursday morning. When they arrived, a man who lived at the home says he was awakened around 4:20 a.m. when his dog started barking outside.
When he went outside to see why the dog was barking, he told officers that he saw a man trying to steal his dog. Police say he yelled for the man to stop, while running towards the man.
That's when police say the suspect pulled out a small handgun and shot the man, hitting him in the right bicep.
According to police, the man is described as approximately 5’11, black male , wearing a black sweater and shoulder length dread locks.
Sergeant Paul Smith with the Lancaster Police Department told WBTV that the suspect ran away, leaving the dog behind. This case remains under investigation.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate
Courtesy of: ReMax Executive - Fort Mill
Courtesy of: RE/MAX Executive - Fort Mill