Investigators arrest home break-in suspect |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The York County Sheriff's Office arrested Vernon Tyree Clinding, 22, over the weekend. Clinding is accused of multiple break-ins near York, South Carolina.
Clinding is suspected in the September 24, 2012 home break-ins on Branch and Lincoln Roads in York. In each case doors of the homes were kicked or forced open.
Investigators developed Clinding as a suspect in the burglaries after he used a credit card from one of the incidents at a convenience store in Charlotte, NC.
On Wednesday, September 26th Clinding was stopped by South Carolina Highway Patrol in Anderson, SC for speeding and was arrested in connection with the Branch and Lincoln Road burglaries.
Clinding is charged with five counts of Burglary First and Second Degree, and Grand Larceny. He was booked into the York County Detention Center. If convicted, he faces 20 years to life in prison.
Upcoming Events near South Carolina
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Indictment: Boy handcuffed to porch, chained to railroad track
- Commissioner: 'No idea things were so bad in school district'
- Union Co. man accused of abusing 3-yr-old Kilah Davenport says he's not guilty
- Union Co. School board discusses county's latest offer
- Kilah Davenport Child Protection Act passes House, heads to Senate